COME RIDE WITH US!
$34.00 plus tax/person
No experience is necessary to enjoy the natural beauty of Bunker Hills Regional Park from horseback. We have a wide variety of horses, including draft horses, for all sizes and skill levels. Come by yourself or bring a group. We schedule up to 15 riders per hour; we are able to accommodate more riders if needed. Rides are offered year 'round!
Trail Rides $29.00 plus tax/person
As a thank you to those in the military, Bunker Park Stable is pleased to offer a $5.00 discount on a trail ride for
service men and women! Please mention this discount when making your reservation and be prepared to show military ID at check-in.
We thank you for your service!
Trail Ride Details:
- Every day we offer hourly, guided, walk-only trail rides.
- The hour includes assisting you in mounting, providing brief riding and safety instructions prior to departure, and dismounting.
- Your guide is extensively trained and experienced, and is certified in First Aid/CPR. If additional guides are necessary (based on group size), they are trained BPS volunteers approved as guide assistants.
- Plan on arriving at least thirty minutes prior to your scheduled ride for check-in procedure at the office. You will be required to sign a liability waiver.
- Riders must be 8 years old and 52" tall.
- We cannot allow double riding.
- Helmets are required for trail riders under 18. Riding helmets are available at no cost for ALL trail riders.
- We require all riders be able to mount unassisted from a mounting block.
- Reservations are required in advance and held with a credit card number or prepaid deposit.
- Cancellations must be made four hours in advance, or your deposit is will be forfeited.
- We ride rain or shine, except in severe weather - if you are more particular about weather conditions and you want to cancel, it is up to you to follow our cancellation policy.
- We do not allow camera or cell phone use on the trail - you need your hands to guide your horse! But we will be happy to take pictures for you before or after your ride.
When you call to make your reservation, we will ask you:
- Your name, number of riders in your group, and their ages;
- If anyone in your group has special needs or physical limitations;
- If anyone in your group weighs over 220 pounds (which is fine, we just need to know so we can have the right horse available and ready);
- For your credit card number, with expiration date, to hold your reservation. We will not charge your credit card until you check in, except in the event you fail to cancel or you no-show.
So we can schedule appropriate staff and select the correct horses, please answer our questions honestly. YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY.
What to Wear on Your Trail Ride?!
- PLEASE DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
- Especially in the winter, this includes jackets, gloves or mittens, something for your head, cover your ears; and boots (our stirrups can accommodate winter boots!) Going on a trail ride in the winter is like standing outside for an hour (since the horses do most of the work...), you'll be much happier if you're dressed appropriately.
- Long pants are recommended, because it protects your legs from possible saddle rubs. It's best to avoid wind pants, or pants that are made from slippery fabric (since we want you to stay in the saddle!)
- Please wear enclosed shoes, like tennis shoes or boots, but please do not wear anything like sandals, slip-ons, or crocks.
- Since we go out rain or shine, you'll want to think about bringing a rain jacket, if needed.
- If it's sunny, you might want sunglasses!
- Helmets are required for trail riders under 18. Riding helmets are available for ALL trail riders, at no additional cost.
Private Trail Rides
$50.00 plus tax/person
Looking for a more individualized experience? Private trail rides are available with advance notice if staffing permits, ensuring just you and your group riding with your own guide. Outdoor picnic tables and recreational fires are available for $10.00 per hour.
~ * ~ * ~ *
~ * ~ * ~ *
~ * ~ * ~ *
~ * ~ * ~ *
~ * ~ * ~ *
$12.00 plus tax/child
The perfect activity for the younger horse lover! The pony is led by the parent/guardian (an adult, over age 18) on a shaded continuous loop path. Due to insurance requirements, we can no longer allow bike helmets to be worn by riders on the ponies, but riding helmets are included in the price.
Pony Ride Details:
- Our experienced staff will instruct you on how to lead the pony. The Liability Waiver includes language: "I agree that I am a volunteer of Bunker Park Stable and I have undergone the pony safety instruction." We do give you pony safety instruction before you lead the pony!
- Rides are about 20 minutes long, walk only.
- Children must be old enough to sit on the pony by themselves and hold on.
- For safety’s sake, with younger children, we suggest bringing an additional adult to walk beside the child and pony.
- The adult leading will need both hands on the lead rope to properly control the pony.
- Helmets are required; they are included in the price.
- Our ponies are well-trained and gentle.
- They can carry children up to 8 years old and 100 lbs.
- Reservations are required.
- The path is uneven, please have on appropriate footwear for safety.
- Please refrain from using your camera while walking the pony - our staff will be happy to take pictures before or after the ride.
- If any non-pony riding children are coming along, please provide an additional adult to watch them while they wait.
ADD ONE OR BOTH OF THESE WHEN YOU COME ON OUT:
Hayride : 1 hour ride, 1 wagon for $100
Barn Tour with Pony Grooming : 1/2 hour, $5 per person ($25 minimum)
FREQUENT RIDER PROGRAM
With the growing number of returning customers we wanted to offer a program that will reward your frequent visits. With this program, your contact information will be recorded and filed at Bunker Park Stable (BPS). We will have a punch card kept here for you so we can keep track of your rides, but you need to remind us you have one! For both the trail rides and the pony rides, when you come to 4 paid rides, your fifth one will be free! Your credits can not cross over between pony/trail. For example, you can not purchase 4 pony rides and get a free trail ride. This program is for individuals only. Credits are non-redeemable and non-transferable.
You will still be required to call ahead and make a reservation with a credit card number. At check in, let the office know you are with the Frequent Rider Program and they will record the ride on your card for you. You will still sign the release form every time you ride at BPS. We will keep the frequent rider cards on file from January - December for two calendar years; they will not carry over to a third year. If you have any questions, please ask at our office or call (763) 757-9445.